Calligraphy for Adults
11th National Children’s Competition 2020
Calligraphy is one of the highest forms of visual art in the Islamic world. It was first developed to write the holy Quran. Special care was taken in its transcription, and the art of calligraphy developed as a result.
- Pen/Pencil/Markers/black Ink/watercolour/Acrylic can be used to create the calligraphy.
Final product should be black or the shades of black.
- A3 size thick white drawing paper would be provided for the Competitors, but all the other necessary materials to complete the calligraphy should be brought by the participants.
- Using stencils, glitters, stickers or colours other than black may lead to reduction of marks.
- The selected word/words would be displayed to the participants at the time of the event.
- Geometry tools such as ruler and compass can be used to create the calligraphy.
- Using the given word/words the participants have the freedom to create their own character and design.
- Arabic calligraphy has several basic styles such as Kufi, Naskh, Thuluth and Ruq’ah and each come with some fundamental rules. There is also ‘freestyle’ in which you can create your own style.
Adults over 18
The Arabic word for Adults calligraphy will be one from the bellow. You are adviced to prepare all these and will be requested to draw one. 45 mins